Monday, March 22, 2010

Just the beach

So, here I am my first ever blog. Oh well, lets just get on with it then. Today has been an awesome day in Cape Town and we took a slow drive through the Durbanville wine route to Big Bay. By the way, there are a lot of wine festivals on at the moment, which are mostly kiddie friendly, I'll keep you posted. But anyway, all was quiet,no wind but as we approach a friendly little blast appears just in time for our arrival. Get out the car, and let me tell you we DO NOT pack lightly for any occasion. When we are going away, we have to take everything, and everything I mean, for just incase. So a beach trip is like a military operation with me and my family (my hubby wasn't nick named Corporal for nothing you know!)So out come the chairs, the toys, the clothes, the towels and some food - just in case. Hubby is a bit of a pack mule, Tristan and I are just running along like 2 kids and not really bothered with the details. Everything is meticulously unpacked and put in its place, and bang, another gust of wind comes along to steal all the toys - so; much panic and running and shouting and chasing ensues. Toy retrieval operation successful. Only thing now, how do we keep everything? In all the military planning, we somehow forgot CT's famous unpredictable wind (although if we were really good we would've checked the beach report!) So back to the car with all the paraphernalia, all in the boot, nothing but ourselves, and the best walk on the beach ever.

Lesson no. 1 - keep it simple, just enjoy the outdoors and be a bit carefree and crazy (like going to the beach with only the stuff you need - crazy indeed!).

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment