Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm celebrating being a mom because...

...there are so many things to appreciate and so many things to perhaps pat ourselves on the back for. We sometimes forget why being a mom is so awesome.
I love being a mom because it is the greatest reward that life can offer you. I'm a person who loves being appreciated for what I do, and the whole mom thing was a bit of an adjustment initially. When I first had Tristan and spent a year at home with him (I was in the UK mind you!) many of my days felt like a thankless job, with no reward in return. I was sleep deprived, felt completely overwhelmed, felt like I had no idea what I was doing and wasn't in control. I suspect I was a bit of a control freak, but that was soon knocked out of me! No place for that in motherhood. I remember on some days thinking 'why did I do this again?' I think those were quite possibly the hardest days of my life.
But the reason I'm celebrating is because I made it through the sleepless nights, my child is still alive and so is my husband!!!! So I must have done something right, hey?
I'm celebrating because you know what I'm actually a better person for being through this.
I'm celebrating because I've learnt new skills that I didn't have before particularly patience.
I'm celebrating because I've learnt to appreciate the smaller things in life.
I'm celebrating because I get to be a child all over again - how cool is that?
I'm celebrating because I'm no longer selfish.
I'm celebrating because I have stretch marks and scars on my body that only bring good memories.
I'm celebrating because I get to experience a whole new angle on life.
I'm celebrating because I've never loved someone so unconditionally and I've experienced a whole different side to love.
I'm celebrating because there is somebody who thinks I'm beautiful even when I've just woken up in the morning, look quite frankly a bit scary, and tells me so.
I'm celebrating because I get to buy cool toys - that I actually quite like but never had an excuse to buy before.
I'm celebrating because quite frankly I'm doing things I never used to do before.

Basically all in all, I'm celebrating being a mom, just because!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment