Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One of those precious moments...

...that you'll never forget. I fetched my little one from pre-school today and could tell by the shrieking, giggling and immense energy that he was game for fun today. That just makes my day - I get to partake in the show. The best is, when he's like that then I just know he's going to have this gorgeous little boy naughty streak - I love it! We ate dinner and went about our usual routine. It was time to bath so off he went to get undressed and I was giving the dogs water. All of a sudden a little imp came flashing past me with the widest of grins on his face - 'Mommy please can I give that to the dogs?' bearing in mind he had no clothes on! He loves feeding the dogs and soon realised that the water just wasn't good enough and that only pellets will do. So off he went and what I saw just made me smile to my core (which is wonderfully pleasant!). He was running around the car, with two dogs in hot pursuit behind him - of course he had the pellets - with him dropping pellets wherever he saw fit, so that they could chase him. Shrieks of laughter, giggling, lots of tail wagging and pure joy. It's one of those moments that makes you realise just how precious childhood is and that it's great for our children to be just that - children! Sometimes I think we forget the art of play, just pure play and let life pass us by forgetting or sometimes missing the joy in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment