Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Being a child again...the parents I mean!






This is one of the best parts of being a parent - you can behave like a child and not worry about what you look like!!!!! This weekend was seriously one of the best weekends I've had in ages and that's because I actually let my hair down and just had fun with my lo. It was a big help that we had no rain in Cape Town - woo hoo! In my household we have an eternal battle of the weather - some of us love the rain, and others of us love the sun. Give me sun anyday so that I can be outdoors and enjoy everything that Cape Town has to offer!
So on Saturday we were out and about and went to one of my favourite places in the Northern Suburbs - Stodels nursery. It's free, its fun and quite relaxing for the adults. They've got awesome jungle gyms, climbing frames, swings, jumping castles, animals to feed and sand art. And we sit and relax with a good cup of coffee while Tristan runs around and gets rid of some of that huge amount of energy - my life's mission to make sure that T is tired by the end of the day!!!!
After a stunning morning out with my family we headed home for lunch and then pottered around the house. I then proceeded to be creative, and myself and T got out all the gear to make puppets! OK, I have to admit to these being some of the strangest puppets I've ever seen, but we both still had fun. I used old socks, stuff I had in my art box and my 'still never used scrapbooking box!' I really thought I'd be a scrapbooker, but I just can't seem to get the motivation together to do it all - it just seems a bit longwinded! Oh well perhaps next year!
Sunday morning was an awesome lazy start and then as it was such a stunning day off we headed to a wine farm called Zevenwacht near Kuils River. The wine farm was driven by a desire to find some much needed wine on a Sunday, and also to get outside for a bit in a really nice place. I've never been to this wine farm, and trust me I've been to a lot, but it was really awesome I have to say. Gorgeous surroundings with a lake, braai areas, jungle gym and stunning gardens. We walked around for ages, and collected all the red autumn leaves, monkey apples and goodness knows what else we could find. I was finally relaxed due to the fact I had wine in hand (!!!!!!) so we just enjoyed. I will definitely be going back to this place in Summer - I've loaded a couple of pics so you can see what it looks like.

Then off home and lunch. A bit of a Sunday afternoon laze for the family and then Tristan and I decided to play. I LOVE music as does T so I thought what about a bit of mad dancing around the living room. A fantastic 80's disc was chosen by T and off we went! There was mom, child and dog dancing happening in our living room and boy we must have looked such a treat to our neighbours - in fact I had the music so loud that I closed all the windows and doors to avoid getting stopped. All the instruments were having their turn in the spotlight and so were we. You forget how great it feels to sometimes just let your hair down, do whatever you feel like and just have some serious fun!

My weekend was great and the best part of it all - it only cost me the price of a bottle of wine! We saw some of our stunning Cape Town and just enjoyed the rest! Here's to a good week and lots of fun moving forward!

Until next time!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment